Our Technical Solutions Specialists work to provide a broad range of technical services to our clients. They also are an integrated part of a dedicated, customer-centered account team. They provide telephone support, remote system administration, and travel to client sites to install servers, networks, and perform upgrades. This position requires a blend of technical expertise, exceptional customer service, and excellent communication skills.
- Provide remote technical support via phone, email and support tickets
- Enter and manage support tickets
- Troubleshoot and resolve client problems with PCC-provided hardware, operating systems, networks and related products
- Advise clients in areas such as hardware selection, Internet and wide-area connectivity, remote office installations, and network planning
- Assist clients with vendor coordination (e.g. other IT vendors, communications carriers and security consultants)
- Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance on client networks
- Configure and ship servers and network hardware
- Travel to client locations to install servers, networks, and perform upgrades
- Rotate coverage for split/late shift and on-call, after-hours emergency support
- Help to improve technical documentation for our staff and our clients
- Take part in special projects as needed
- Ensure the confidentiality of sensitive and protected information
- Ability to provide professional and friendly remote support
- Experience administering Linux servers (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience administering Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Familiarity with Mac OS X
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networks
- Experience implementing and managing routers, firewalls and switches
- Experience implementing and managing wireless networks
- Experience configuring virtual private networks (VPN)
- Experience configuring DHCP and DNS
- Installation and troubleshooting of network hardware
- Familiarity with EPL, MPLS and other high speed wide-area connectivity
- Good security practices
- A collaborative work style and the desire to be part of a team
- Positive, effective communication with clients and coworkers
- Appropriate sharing of knowledge and information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to learning
- Commitment to PCC’s mission
As with all PCC positions, these listed responsibilities and requirements include those specific to this job, but the individual in this position should be available to assist in other duties that arise on a permanent or temporary basis.
This is a full-time position. Some domestic travel, and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends are required.
Technical Solutions Team members typically work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Team members rotate coverage of a split/late shift from 8:00am – 12:00pm ET and 4:00pm – 8:00pm ET and on-call coverage after-hours for emergency support calls.
Please note that telecommuting is not currently an option for this position.