Our Client Systems Administrators work on our Technical Solutions Team to provide a broad range of technical services to our clients. They also are an integrated part of a dedicated, client-centered account team. They provide telephone support, remote system administration, and travel to client sites to install servers, networks, and perform upgrades. This position requires strong technical expertise and exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Provide professional and friendly technical support via phone, email and support tickets
- Enter, work and close support tickets
- Troubleshoot and resolve client problems with PCC-provided hardware, operating systems, networks and related products
- Advise clients in areas such as hardware selection, Internet and wide-area connectivity, remote office installations, and network planning
- Assist clients to coordinate PCC and vendor activities
- Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance on client networks
- Configure and ship servers and network hardware
- Travel to client locations to install servers, networks, and perform upgrades
- Rotate coverage for split/late shift and on-call, after-hours emergency support
- Help to improve technical documentation for our staff and our clients
- Work on research and development and cross-functional projects
- Ensure the confidentiality of sensitive and protected information
- Three or more years of experience providing systems and network administration in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Three or more years experience administering Linux servers (CentOS & Ubuntu)
- Ability to write intermediate-level Linux shell scripts (bash, perl, etc.)
- Familiarity with version control, specifically git
- Experience administering Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Familiarity with Mac OS X
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including:
- Experience configuring DHCP and DNS
- Experience implementing and managing routers, firewalls and switches
- Experience implementing and managing wireless networks
- Experience implementing virtual private networks (IPsec & OpenVPN)
- Installation and troubleshooting of network hardware
- Familiarity with EPL, MPLS and other high speed wide-area connectivity
- Good security practices including HIPAA, HITECH and PCI
- Ability to mentor others
- A collaborative work style and the dedication to be a team player
- Positive, effective communication with clients and coworkers
- Appropriate sharing of knowledge and information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to learning
- Commitment to PCC’s mission and the mission of our clients
As with all PCC positions, these listed responsibilities and requirements include those specific to this job, but the individual in this position should be available to assist in other duties that arise on a permanent or temporary basis.
This is a full-time position. Some domestic travel, and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends are required.
Technical Solutions Team members typically work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Team members rotate coverage of a split/late shift from 8:00am – 12:00pm ET and 4:00pm – 8:00pm ET and on-call coverage after-hours for emergency support calls.
Please note that telecommuting is not currently an option for this position.
As a Benefit Corporation, we place high value on client, employee and community relationships. Our company offers a friendly, informal, and professional work environment. PCC offers competitive benefits as well as some uncommon perks.
PCC is located in the Champlain Mill in Winooski, VT
No phone calls please.