Our Technical Support Specialists work on our Technical Solutions Team to provide first-tier technical support to our clients. They also are an integral part of a dedicated, client-centered account team. They provide telephone support, remote system administration, and may travel to client sites to perform upgrades. This position requires a blend of technical expertise and exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Provide professional and friendly technical support via phone, email and support tickets
- Enter, work and close support tickets
- Troubleshoot and resolve client problems with PCC-provided hardware, operating systems, networks and related products
- Advise clients in areas such as hardware selection, Internet and wide-area connectivity, remote office installations, and network planning
- Assist clients to coordinate PCC and vendor activities
- Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance on client networks
- Configure and ship servers and network hardware
- Travel to client locations to install servers, networks, and perform upgrades
- Participate in rotating coverage for split/late shift and on-call, after-hours emergency support
- Help to improve technical documentation for our staff and our clients
- Take part in special projects as needed
- Ensure the confidentiality of sensitive and protected information
- One or more years of experience supporting technology in a professional setting
- Ability to provide professional and friendly technical support
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including working knowledge of:
- routers, firewalls and switches
- wireless networks
- Installation and troubleshooting of network hardware
- Good security practices
- A collaborative work style and the dedication to be a team player
- Positive, effective communication with clients and coworkers
- Appropriate sharing of knowledge and information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to learning
- Commitment to PCC’s mission and the mission of our clients
As with all PCC positions, these listed responsibilities and requirements include those specific to this job, but the individual in this position should be available to assist in other duties that arise on a permanent or temporary basis.
This is a full-time position. Some domestic travel, and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends are required.
Technical Solutions Team members typically work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Team members share coverage of a split/late shift from 8:00am – 12:00pm ET and 4:00pm – 8:00pm ET and on-call coverage after-hours for emergency support calls.
Please note that telecommuting is not currently an option for this position.
As a Benefit Corporation, we place high value on client, employee and community relationships. Our company offers a friendly, informal, and professional work environment. PCC offers competitive benefits as well as some uncommon perks.
PCC is located in the Champlain Mill in Winooski, VT.
No phone calls please.