PCC, a private, Winooski-based healthcare IT Benefit Corporation, seeks an individual experienced in software release management processes to join our Release Management Team. PCC’s award-winning products and services have grown and evolved over 38 years to encompass electronic health records, practice management solutions, a patient portal, reporting and mobile applications, support and consulting, all with a focus on healthcare interoperability. The pediatricians we serve care for over two million children in the US. The 2020 pandemic continues to bring new challenges to our clients, and PCC is responding rapidly with new telemedicine, communication, clinical and practice management solutions and services.
Our product architecture includes client/server, web-based and cloud-hosted solutions. The management of our release train requires collaboration, judgment, flexibility, negotiation and a thorough understanding of ALM/SDLC processes. Above all it requires teamwork and attention to detail. As our products have evolved, so too has our methodology: PCC embraces the values and principles of Agile, we incorporate aspects of Scrum and Kanban, and we are currently assessing the applicability of the SAFe Framework.
If the idea of a fast-paced, make-a-difference environment appeals to you and you have the skills we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Our preferred candidate will have:
- a minimum of 3 years of experience in software release management, ideally in a mixed-architecture environment, including the full ALM/SDLC process suite
- an “Agile mindset”, with a focus on the 12 Agile Principles
- exceptional collaboration, communication and team-building skills
- a commitment to continuous improvement via team-based retrospectives
- the flexibility to keep the release train rolling while embracing change
- the ability and judgment to help the team prioritize and weigh risks versus benefits
- the inherent characteristics of the Servant Leader (ref. Robert Greenleaf)
- extensive experience with Quality Assurance practices
Relevant certifications (PMI-PMP, CSM, PMI-ACP, SAFe RTE, Scrum Master) are a plus, but are not required.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate with the Release Manager and other key stakeholders to help plan our release schedules
- Monitor and manage the progress of our releases, assisting project teams as-needed
- Facilitate release project team checkpoints, ensuring adherence to our release processes
- Share clear and transparent release status communications with all stakeholders
- Working with the release project team, coordinate beta and general deployment activities
- Contribute to innovation and continuous improvement in all aspects of our ALM/SDLC processes, with a focus on improved scalability and delivery velocity
- Support the Quality Assurance team to help ensure non-disruptive release delivery
- Assist PCC in responding to industry changes and emerging opportunities while simultaneously minimizing distractions to our Agile delivery teams
- Some travel to client offices to participate in the “Gemba walk”
In order to keep our employees and community safe while we continue to develop our software and support our clients, PCC’s employees have been working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. We expect this policy to continue a little longer so there will be televideo interviews for this position. Once our office is fully open, we expect the Release Co-Manager to be onsite at our Winooski office.
As a Benefit Corporation, PCC fosters a friendly, casual, hardworking environment that values our employees, clients, and community. We offer competitive benefits as well as some uncommon perks.
Position open until filled.
No phone calls please.