This systems administration position works on a PCC team that focuses on maintaining our clients’ servers and network infrastructure. The position is integral to a dedicated, client-focused technical services team and requires technical expertise coupled with exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client problems with PCC-provided hardware, operating systems, networks and related product
- Coordinate, schedule and perform server and other network hardware upgrades at client offices and/or remotely
- Configure and ship physical servers and network hardware
- Provision and administer cloud-hosted servers on Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS
- Assist in administering warranty contracts on client hardware
- Perform preventative maintenance on client servers and networks
- Assist in receiving and shipping client hardware
- Provide friendly, professional technical support to PCC clients via phone, email, and support tickets
- Support PCC Technical Specialists, handling escalated client tickets when required
- Assist clients in coordinating PCC and third-party vendor activities
- Advise clients in areas such as hardware selection, Internet and wide-area connectivity, remote office installations, and network planning
- Document work activities via help-desk support tickets and PCC’s Tuleap project management application
- Maintain effective technical documentation for our staff and our clients by adding and updating our Intranet Wiki
- Ensure the confidentiality of sensitive and protected information
- Experience as a systems administrator of mission-critical systems
- Experience supporting and maintaining business-class network equipment – firewalls, switches, wireless
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks and network services (DHCP, DNS, VLANs, etc)
- Desktop support experience and a good working knowledge of Windows and MacOS.
- A collaborative work style and the desire to be part of a team
- Positive, effective, written and verbal communication with clients, coworkers, and leadership
- Appropriate sharing of knowledge and information
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to PCC’s mission and the mission of our clients
Additional Experience a Plus
- Administration of Linux servers, esp. Red Hat / CentOS / Rocky Linux
- Familiarity with Linux Bash, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Experience with virtualization and the ZFS filesystem
- Familiarity with Git version control
As with all PCC positions, these listed responsibilities and requirements include those specific to this job, but the individual in this position should be available to assist in other duties that arise permanently or temporarily.
This is a full-time position. Some domestic travel and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends are required.
Client Technical Services team members work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We currently offer a hybrid work model that blends the flexibility to work remotely and in our office in Winooski, Vermont. Employees should expect to be based in Vermont within appropriate commuting distance to Winooski.
As a Benefit Corporation, we place high value on client, employee and community relationships. Our company offers a friendly, informal, and professional work environment. PCC offers competitive benefits as well as some uncommon perks.
No phone calls please.